Sunday, June 6, 2010

Paper + Fabric



As long as I can remember, I have loved paper! Yes paper, I know it sounds kind of odd, but I love to go through stationery stores and see all the different prints, textures, and designs that are available. In my younger years, I loved to make handmade paper, form it into different shapes, create colored layers and add different mediums to see what and how it would dry. It just fascinated me. 

Today, my love of paper has continued but one more medium has been added FABRIC. Yes, I love to look at fabric! I think my daughters have inherited my love because they enjoy shopping with me, and looking at the different fabric bolts, and helping me select prints for various projects that we work on.

My most recent design blended my two loves...paper + fabric and created a cover for notebooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment