Friday, August 19, 2011

What is Your Handmade Heritage?


Each month, I write for a blog called Oh My Handmade Goodness! All the contributors of the blog are a group of independent artisans, designers, and industry experts who have the love of modern, high-quality handmade products. This months theme is something near and dear to my heart...handmade heritage.


Handmade heritage has a broad spectrum to it. It can be anything that has been passed down from generation to generation. It could be canning, quilting, needlepoint, rug hooking...that is what makes it so wonderful because the skill has been passed along to one family member to another, sharing and learning the secrets of the trade.

One skill that my family has shared amongst the generations is cross stitch. I wanted to share with you the tradition...tips and tricks for doing cross stitch. Please stop by and take a gander of the 376 year old handmade tradition, that I learned when I was a youngster. In addition, I will be posting cross stitch patterns on my blog here that you can enjoy. The "Latte Love" pattern above is available at Oh My Handmade Goodness for downloading.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment